Use this worksheet to evaluate weakness and strengths of your business.
Try and answer the following questions about the business location as it concerns your particular business and see whether each question is the strength or weakness.
The following worksheet will help you compare the different business locations that you see and help you determine which one is better for your business.
- Is the business facility large enough for a business?
- Does it meet your layout requirements well?
- Does the building need any repairs?
- Do you have to make any leasehold improvement?
- Do the existing utilities meet your needs all you have to do re-wiring or plumbing work? Is the ventilation adequate?
- If the facility easily accessible to your potential clients and customers?
- Can you find a number of qualified employees in the area in which the facility is located?
- Is the business facility consistent with the image you would like to portray about your business?
- Is the facility located in a safe neighborhood with a low crime rate?
- Are neighborhood businesses likely to attract customers who will also patronize your business? This is usually called ‘spill-over’ customers.
- Are there any competitors located close to the facility?
- Can you compete with these competitors successfully?
- Can suppliers make deliveries conveniently to your business location?
- Can the business location accommodate future business growth?
- Are the lease terms and rent acceptable?
- Is the facility located in an area zoned for your type of business?